Life Lessons from a 30 year career in Hollywood
‘Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity’
Marie is a gifted public speaker. Candid, brimming with enthusiasm and drawing on a wealth of anecdotes and lessons learned during a storied life and career.
Why Hire Marie?
When you hire Marie, your audience will:
- Improve communication skills;
- Learn to value and nurture a team;
- Develop creative thinking;
- Learn focus techniques, the power of visualisation, and trusting intuition;
- Learn to infuse mindfulness and the power of NOW;
- Eliminate fear-based thinking;
- Gain the confidence to expand on their skills.
- Believe in themselves!
Marie has worked with top Hollywood talent, including: Dustin Hoffman, Tom Cruise, Robin Williams, Robert DeNiro, Warren Beatty, Al Pacino, Michael Douglas and Anthony Hopkins.
Life Lessons from Hollywood
‘From Coventry to Hollywood with the help of Pitman’s Shorthand’. This is the title of one of Marie’s talks describing her journey from England to a rich and rewarding career in the film and television industries in Canada and Hollywood working with major stars including: Dustin Hoffman, Tom Cruise, Robin Williams, Robert DeNiro, Warren Beatty, Al Pacino, Michael Douglas and Anthony Hopkins.
It started In Toronto, Canada, where she was a Production Manager in the Drama and Variety Departments of CBC-TV, before she moved to Los Angeles and a job in marketing and film distribution with the Samuel Goldwyn Company. This led to work in film and television production as writer, casting director, publicist, producer and actress. She has worked primarily with director Barry Levinson on many of his films, including the award winning “Good Morning, Vietnam”, “Rain Man”, “Disclosure” and “Avalon”.
Inspiring All Ages
Marie shares her journey and the lessons she has learned along the way. Her stories inspire us to learn and progress in our careers and lives, and she encourages every one of us to embrace our uniqueness. She stresses the need to treat people the way you would want to be treated and to have integrity in all areas of your lives.
The Experience Provides
- Inspiration for all ages to believe in themselves;
- Motivation – with an attitude of ‘anything’s possible’;
- Life-affirming stories that uplift;
- Encouragement to think ‘outside of the box’;
- Common sense wisdom;
- Courage to take risks – there will always be a parachute!